Young generation really struggles while making a career decision as it might determine the future success or failure for them. Pearson in partnership with NESTA and Oxford Martin School presented the results for the research project Future of Skills – Employment in 2030. Students who are entering formal education today will be making decisions about their careers by the year 2030.
Here are the top 10 skills which will be demanded in the future and also the top 10 occupation groups with the greatest probabilities of future increased demand. Supposedly this information will help young people to make reasonable decisions.
TOP 10 Future Skills
- Learning Strategies
- Social Perceptiveness
- Active Learning
- Service Orientation
- Active Listening
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision-Making
TOP 10 occupation groups for 2030
- School Teachers
- Animal Care and Service Workers
- Lawyers, Judges, and Related Workers
- Post-Secondary Teachers
- Personal Appearance Workers
- Social Scientists and Related Workers
- Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists
- Librarians, Curators, and Archivists
- Entertainers and Performers, Sports and Related Workers
The students who are applying for universities today should carry out their own research. Observe job-sites, what are the requirements and skills that are demanded by employers. Then read through the programs offered by universities and decide whether the education program gives the future skills or not.